Last Updated: August 23, 2023
- The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Website and/or interacting with you, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Contact Information
When you contact us via the Website, email or by mail, when you call us, when you sign up to our email list, or make a donation through the Website, you will be asked to provide certain information, which may include name and e-mail address (collectively, “Contact Information”). The Contact Information is used to provide the requested service or information.
- Billing Information
- Information obtained automatically from your online activity
When you access or use the Website, we use browser cookies, pixels, web beacons, and similar technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to automatically collect or receive certain standard technical information and other data (such as traffic data, usage data (including but not limited to, profiles viewed, matches made, features used, frequency and duration of the Website usage, and interactions with content on the Website), location data, device information (including but not limited to, type of device, mobile device platform, operating system, browser type, screen resolution, IP address and other technical information), logs and other communications data) sent to us by your computer, mobile device, tablet, or any other device over time on our Website, and your online activity across third party websites, apps, and devices. We may also evaluate your computer, mobile phone, or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity that may affect the availability of our Website.
When you access or use the Website, advertising companies, analytics networks and providers, and other third parties may use Tracking Technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, online services, digital properties and devices.
The data we or third parties collect automatically may include personal information and/or statistical data that may not identify you personally; however, we or third parties may maintain, combine, or associate it with personal information collected in other ways or received from third parties. We and/or third parties use this information to (i) enhance the performance and functionality of the Website; (ii) personalize your experience with the Website, understand how you use the Website, maintain a persistent session, and improve and further develop the Website; and (iii) serve targeted and other advertising, and provide custom experiences, across other sites, apps, online services, digital properties and devices, measure how the ads perform, and for analytics purposes.
The Tracking Technologies used on the Website include the following, among others:
Web Beacons: We use Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Third Party Sites: When access to the Website is made available to you through third-party sites, please be aware that these other sites maintain their own policies regarding Tracking Technologies and the collection and use of information. You are responsible for reviewing those policies.
- Information obtained from third-party analytics services
Below is a list of analytics providers that we use; however, such list may be subject to change based on how we wish to understand the user experience and we will endeavor to update it diligently. You may use the accompanying links to learn more about such providers and, if available, how to opt-out from their analytics collection.
For Google Analytics, please visit: opens in a new windowhttps://www.google.com/analytics
For Jetpack, please visit: opens in a new windowhttps://jetpack.com/support/cookies/
- How We Use and Share Your Information
We may use and share your personal information as set forth below:
- To provide the Website;
- To solicit your feedback, inform you about our campaigns, events or fundraising efforts;
- To monitor, support, analyze, and improve the Website;
- To communicate with you regarding the Website and our services;
- To fulfill your requests for information regarding new or improved products and services, campaigns, events or fundraising efforts;
- To engage in marketing, advertising, and tracking activities, and evaluate the efficacy of our efforts, provided that, where required under applicable law, we will obtain your prior opt-in consent to send electronic marketing communications and/or our newsletter;
- To engage research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error;
- To protect the safety and security of our Website and members
- To third-party contractors and service providers that provide services to us in the operation of our business and assistance with the Website, such as technical support for the Website and providing services such as IT and cloud hosting, customer relationship management, email marketing, advertising services, analytics services, name and address verification, marketing, email distribution, market research, fraud detection and preventions, promotions management, administrative services and among others;
- To create and disclose aggregated, anonymous, user statistics and other information to (i) affiliates, agents, business partners, and other third parties; (ii) describe the Website to current and prospective funding sources; and (iii) other third parties for lawful purposes;
- To share some or all of your information with our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other companies under common control with us;
- To fulfill our legal and regulatory requirements;
- To comply with applicable law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- To assess or complete a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, investment, or similar corporate event where we expect that your personal information will be part of the transferred assets;
- To audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- To prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- Otherwise, with your consent.
- Your Choices
Marketing Communications: You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any of our marketing emails. Please note that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails.
Cookie Management: Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies or other Tracking Technologies, the Website may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit opens in a new windowwww.allaboutcookies.org.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out. We cannot offer any assurances as to whether the companies we work with participate in the opt-out programs described above.
- How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect your Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such data, and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You should keep in mind, however, that no Internet transmission is 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or other electronic means.
- Links to Third-Party Sites
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external websites. We encourage you to review the privacy and security policies of any externally linked websites that may be accessed through the Website. We assume no responsibility or liability for the information collection and disclosure practices of any external websites that a user can access through the Website. Please check the privacy policies of these external websites before you submit any personal information to them.
- Important Notice to All Non-U.S. Residents
- DO NOT TRACK
As discussed above, third parties such as advertising networks and analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use the Website. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for commercial websites. At this time, we do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
- Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com new email with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
- About Children
- Contact Us
Or write to us at:
New Jersey Resource Project, Inc.